As the great and wonderful year of 2010 is winding down, I find myself thinking about what exactly I want to accomplish in 2011. I use the term “Bucket List” loosely. When most people think of the “Bucket List” they think of what they want to do before they die. So I am stating: I, in no way, plan to die in the near future! This is just a list of things I hope to do within the next year. In 2011, I will be an 18 year old with a lot on her plate but there is still a whole lot of life I have yet to experience. So here it goes:
1) I will join a class; and I don’t mean a college class (I have enough of those to last a lifetime). I mean a class for fun, whether it is yoga, zumba, or kick -boxing, I just want to go out of my comfort zone and try something new. Notice how all three of my options are exercise? That leads me to number 2.
2) Exercise more. I am joining about every other person out there who says they need to exercise more. I have not been physically active since June of 2010 due to personal injury (#3). Now that I am mostly recovered, I think it’s about time I get moving!
3) Avoid getting hurt at all cost! I have got to be more careful whenever I do anything from now on. I have had more bruises then a pro wrestler and I have injured myself in just about every sport I have attempted to play. If I could just make it through one year without getting shipped off to the E.R. due to injuries I will be happy!
4) I plan to still be a vegetarian. I have been meat-free for almost a full year now (pause from typing: gives herself big pat on the back!). It has been a challenge to say the least but the year to come will need some changes. I will be buying some cookbooks and become a more “healthy” vegetarian. A little less pasta and bread for me, and perhaps a little more veggies.
5) I plan to read 100 books! Is that a lot? Am I thinking crazy here? Probably, but still I want to read 100 books in one year. Part of those books will be the Y.A. 2011 Debut Challenge books as well as the Y.A. Historical Fiction Challenge. It would also be pretty awesome if a few of those 100 books were to be ARC’s (hint, hint). It is going to be tough but I am almost confident in this decision.
6) I plan to make this blog popular. This is going to be tough because really it is out of my hands. It is in the hands of you, the readers, of this blog. I know I go way off topic, talk about myself and my life way too much, but I do have some interesting stuff to say, right? Please tell me the answer to that question is yes.
7) I, myself, plan to become more popular. I don’t mean the girl with tons of followers who hang onto her every word, I just mean that I hope to actually meet and make some new friends in college. I have been there for a while now and have yet to find some great friends that will be in touch for a lifetime to come. Is five a huge number to shoot for? I hope not.
8) I also hope, for once in my life, to get into a relationship. To put it clearly: I have been on this singles cruise for a solid three years now; it’s about time I hopped aboard the love train. Okay, maybe not the love train, but still even the I-like-you-a lot- let’s- go-on-a-date train would be good. Maybe I should be more realistic and say: In the year 2011 I hope to go on one date. A date where a guy actually picks me up at home, meets my stepmom, shakes hands with my dad, and completely captures my heart within the few hours we are together. (Alright I really am dreaming big on this one)
9) I hope to be more prominent in my brother’s and sister’s lives. I don’t want to be the nosey, annoying big sister but still I want them to remember me as always being there. If there is a wrestling meet for Zack or a football game for Andrew, I want to be there cheering them on. When Abby or Kari needs help with homework, I hope I am their first choice on who to ask. To get to the point: I want to be there more for my family in 2011.
10) I want to live it up a little more. I am a quiet, reserved, 18 year old and I can honestly say it wouldn’t hurt if I got out more. Go to a few more parties (no illegal activities of course!), meet up with my friends more, basically do the things that normal (whatever that is) 18 year olds are doing.
11) Study! Study! Study! If there is anything this first semester of college has taught me, it is that you need to actually put in an effort. Instead of just being one of those people who just pass a class, I want to be the one who excels in a class. This is going to take a heck of a lot more work on my part.
12) Go on my first parent-free road trip with my friends, and survive it! Maybe we could go to Chicago, Washington D.C., or even to the Sunshine State. I don’t care what it is; all I know is that you aren’t really an adult until you’ve gone on a road trip without parents!
13) Grow my hair out and donate it to locks for love. My hair is basically my life. It isn’t extra thick, long, shiny, or pretty, I just cherish it. So to me, when I say I want to grow it out and chop it off is a big deal. I have a lot of growing to go but I am hoping I can make it!
14) Meet an author. This may be an extremely hard one as well considering the fact that I don’t see too many authors passing through mid-Michigan. But you better believe that I will keep my eyes open to authors who plan on traveling through this great state of mine someday soon!
15) Volunteer more! I have overlooked the fact of how well off I am one too many times. I have my family and friends (whom I love very much), my health (well not currently, but in general I am healthy), my job (they are so sparse now a days), my home, and so many other blessings. It is time I put a pause to my best interest and think about what I can do to help others. I can always donate a little more money and a lot more time.
There is my list so far. I know that I will do many more great, fascinating, exciting things in the year 2011 (18 is supposed to be the best year of your life, right), but those 15 items on my list are a must. My year will not be complete until I have checked off every one of my items on my list. So my challenge to you, all of my fellow bloggers: What is ont your “Bucket List” for 2011?