It is Thursday night, and honestly the weekend cannot get here fast enough. Let me just go over all of the crazy events that have happened this week thus far:
1) My week started off crappy on Sunday (yes, I too also forget that Sunday is actually the beginning of the week, not the end). The reason it started off crappy is because of my mom. Yeah, I get it, everyone has issues with their parents, but none quite like mine. My mom is literally a nut case. I get to see here about once or twice a month if I’m lucky and I talk to her three times a month. So it is safe to say that seeing her on Sunday for a “family” dinner, was quite awkward. I just don’t like her.
2) As seen in a previous post, my tattoo is on hold and my dad has been diagnosed with Melanoma caner =[. I found this all out on Monday, so really one crappy day led into another. My night was going great. I was shopping with my best friend and all was fine & dandy until my stepmom called with the bad news.
3) I went shopping AGAIN. This yet AGAIN confirmed that I really need to lock up my debit card. It did help to get my mind off my dad so that was nice. Plus I got to see the adorable little puppies and kittens at the mall (this is the one event that I MUST do every time I go to the mall).
4) I had two days off in a row. Were these days spent laying on the sofa and catching up on some reading? I think not. Since we were one parent short at home (I will explain this in #5), I spent a great deal of that time helping with house work and taking care of the brat pack (also known as Zack and Zeke). This wouldn’t have been so bad if my brothers had at least one normal gene in them. However, they were both hardwired to drive the whole family absolutely nuts!
5) If this week wasn’t bad enough, my dad got to go to New York City. With his friends. Without me. (Do I really need to state anymore to show that this is unfair?) I can’t complain too much because the man works pretty dang hard so he does need his breaks, just as long as they don’t cause my stepmom to have a mental breakdown like:
6) This morning we got a phone call saying that the debit card was put on hold due to unusual spending. Once she checked online, she realized that having only ¼ of the money in your account that is supposed to be in there is indeed unusual. This sent her mind into overdrive (because finding out your husband has cancer, being in charge of 5 kids, and trying to keep it altogether clearly doesn’t do the trick). Karie, my stepmom, had all these thoughts that my dad had been mugged, beaten, robbed, or all of the above. She called his cell, it =dead; she called his friends cell, it = my dad wasn’t with him; she called the hotel room 20 times, it = there was an apparent mentally impaired person occupying that room (also known as Jeff, my dad). Any normal person who hears their hotel room phone constantly ringing, they would probably consider answering it. After hours of worrying about my dad, Karie was able to make contact and insure that he was safe.
It is safe to say that I am in need of a MAJOR break. My Chicago trip couldn’t get here fast enough!!